College and secondary school pupils across the region will soon have the chance to bag promising careers in construction – thanks to Barratt Homes.
The five star housebuilder is embarking on a mammoth roadshow, designed to uncover the area’s top talent.
“We are visiting several schools and colleges across Hampshire because we know there are many budding young construction professionals here waiting to be discovered,’ said Barratt Homes’ Anthony Dimmick.
“In the past, we have recruited apprentices to a range of specialisms across our business in this way – and I have no doubt this tour will be beneficial to us and to our future colleagues. It will be a great chance for them to find out more about what’s involved in the work we do.
“There are so many opportunities for those seeking interesting and satisfying roles – from carpenters and bricklayers to marketeers and land surveyors. This is an incredibly diverse industry, offering something for everyone.”
Barratt Homes will be visiting the following schools and colleges over the coming months:
- Henry Beaufort School, Winchester – 19 September
- Wyvern College, Fair Oak – 24 September
- King’s School, Winchester – 25 September
- Mountbatten School, Romsey – 26 September
- Wildern School, Hedge End – 1 October
- Perins School, Alresford – 10 October
- John Hanson, Andover – 16 October
- Bohunt School, Liphook – 22 October
- Isle of Wight College, Isle of Wight – 30 October
- The Westgate School, Winchester – 13 December
- Horndean College, Horndean – 29 January
“Whenever possible, we look to recruit from within the local community because we are building homes at a number of developments here – and we know there is plenty of potential construction talent among school and college students in Hampshire,” added Anthony.
“We’re very much looking forward to meeting potential colleagues soon – and showing them the array of benefits a career with Barratt Homes has to offer.”